NEW YORK --Find out about Employment Opportunities at WABC-TV.
Eyewitness News is looking for a political producer to join the number one newsroom in the largest market in the country. Responsibilities include:
- overseeing our debates and campaign coverage
- arranging for guests and line producing the weekly public affairs show
- writing for our daily newscasts and contributing to big story coverage.
The best candidate has a strong grasp on the political players in the tri-state area and can identify key gubernatorial, house and senate races. You must also have a strong presence on social media and know how to exploit social media to break stories.
A minimum of 5 years of producing experience is required.
To apply, please log on to www.disneycareers.com and search for requisition # 237434BR. No phone calls, please.
WABC-TV, New York. Live with Kelly and Michael is seeking a full-time Senior Web Developer to lead development of the Live with Kelly and Michael website. The Senior Web Developer should have 3+ years of experience developing sites using WordPress which includes custom theme development using well-structured, error-free PHP and valid HTML and CSS. Skill set should include project management, organization, client communication, thought leadership and expertise in web development and interface design.
- Define and develop Live with Kelly and Michael website from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable
- Code and implement WordPress sites from Photoshop layout through HTML/CSS to a custom theme, functions, and plugins
- Define and build new features, enhancements, and content of the existing website
- Create and update re-usable code libraries to streamline WordPress development cycle
- Facilitate WordPress training among internal team members, maintain site documentation and manage all site maintenance
- 3+ years of experience working in web development and interface design
- Strong knowledge of WordPress with strong technical ability to do custom WP theme development
- Strong knowledge of current web development languages (including HTML5, CSS3, PHP/MySQL)
- Familiarity with web standards and usability
- Active user of social media with technical ability to integrate various forms of social media into web experiences
- Solid understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) with considerable technical experience optimizing web properties for organic search rankings
- Flexibility and eagerness to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with video for web a plus
Please log on to www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition # 237404BR.
Find out about Internships at WABC-TV
WABC-TV, New York is seeking a full-time staff Ignite Director. The ideal candidate should have experience working with the Grass Valley Ignite system, the ability to work well under pressure, and exceptional organizational skills. Prior experience with ENPS and Vertigo is preferred. Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays. This is a DGA represented position. To apply, please log on to www.disneycareers.com and search for requisition # 220748BR. No telephone calls, please. We are an equal opportunity employer - Female / Minority / Veteran / Disability.
Marketing Producer - WABC-TV, New York, is looking for an account executive with experience in marketing and production. Must have excellent writing and power point skills, be a creative thinker, have the ability to come up with marketing strategies and implement those strategies into client presentations for both television and digital. Candidates should also have a working knowledge of digital platforms (online, wireless, on air digital tier), and experience producing for TV and Digital (including video edit, compression, voice over.) Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects is a plus. This is an opportunity to be an integral part of a marketing and sales team. To apply, please log on to www.disneycareers.com and search for requisition # 219063BR. No telephone calls, please. We are an equal opportunity employer - Female / Minority / Veteran / Disability.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freelance Newswriter / Producer: WABC-TV is looking for a highly motivated freelance writer/producer with a varied skill set for a highly competitive, high pressure environment. You must have outstanding news judgment, be able to pitch great story ideas and have a great production sense. Candidate should be active on social media and understand how to leverage those platforms for stories. You should also be able and willing to shoot and edit some of your own video. You must work well with reporters, assignment editors, and other writers and producers. Outstanding copy editing skills are necessary. Experience writing for and producing a newscast in a major market is required. Applicants who have not produced a television newscast in a major market will not be considered. To apply please send resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. WABC-TV, an owned station of ABC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female / Minority / Veteran / Disabled
*WABC-TV 2014 EEO Report
Senior Digital Producer
WABC-TV, New York, Eyewitness News is looking for a motivated leader to help lead our digital team, develop winning strategies and produce content for our digital and social media platforms. Candidates must be available to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends. Candidates should have experience working in a TV or digital news environment. Strong news judgment, writing, editing, ability to shoot video/photos, SEO and social media skills are a must. Knowledge and experience with ENPS news system, photo software and non-linear editing are pluses.
To apply, please log on to: www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition #201662BR. No phone calls, please. We are an equal opportunity employer - Female / Minority / Veteran / Disability.
Freelance Promotion Writer/Producer/Editor
WABC-TV, New York's #1 station, seeks a freelance promotion writer/producer/editor for its Creative Services Department. We need an imaginative preditor who has experience turning daily news topicals into top-notch creative.
1. Conceptualize, write and edit high-end promos for News and Programming.
2. Work alongside a team of producers to create audio/visual promotional content.
3. Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, creative environment.
1. Must have experience in writing television news promotion.
2. Must have in-depth knowledge of Final Cut Pro.
3. Basic After Effects or Motion skills necessary.
4. Extensive experience working with news staff to take daily news stories and turn them into compelling promos.
5. Experience lighting and shooting is a plus.
6. Familiarity with translating on-air promos to social networking platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Vine and Instagram.
7. A team player with a professional, positive, outgoing personality who takes initiative without supervision to improve on-air production.
Please send resume, cover letter, reel (e-link) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WABC-TV, an owned station of ABC, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female / Minority / Veteran / Disability.
Freelance Digital Assistant
WABC-TV is looking for a Digital Producer. Candidate is a self-motivated, team player, who is able to generate ideas and exercise good judgment. He or she would be flexible, resourceful, and have strong organizational/time management skills with a strong desire to grow technically.
Responsibilities - Knowledge of web content management systems, and Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms. Help in creating campaigns with social networks, help verbalize status updates for local stations and provide pictures to help promote the show on other channels. Aid in creating contests, generate ideas and web designs for web contests for the show.
Basic Qualifications: At least 1 year of website/social media experience. Television production experience is helpful.
-Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
-Final Cut Pro knowledge helpful
-Social Networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Plus)
-Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
-Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
-Deep Passion for entertainment news and social media
-Adherence to the highest standards of journalism
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Broadcast Journalism and/or Public Relations
Please log on to:
www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID#134783. Please also send a copy of your resume.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WABC-TV, an owned station of ABC, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
About Internships with ABC7