1) Jackson was a member of the Knicks' title teams in 1970 and 1973, and they haven't won a championship since.
2) He twice coached the Chicago Bulls to three consecutive NBA titles, and guided the Los Angeles Lakers to five more league crowns.
3) He is marrying Jeannie Buss, the daughter of late Lakers owner Jerry Buss, and will continue to spend time in California, where his children and grandchildren live.
4) In 2007, Jackson was enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame.
5) His 11 NBA championships are the most of any coach in NBA history, surpassing Red Auerbach's record of nine.
6) His beliefs in Eastern philosophy and Zen teachings have earned him the nickname, 'The Zen Master'.
7) Jackson grew up in Williston, North Dakota, where both of his parents were Pentecostal ministers.