• BREAKING NEWS Shelter in place lifted after prisoner captured

Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond

March 13, 2014 9:16:13 AM PDT
The roof of a Bed, Bath & Beyond in Mount Olive partially blew off the building due to high winds Thursday morning.

No injuries were reported, but a fuel line on the roof ruptured, sparking a small fire that was extinguished.

Police in Mount Olive say the call came in just prior to 8 a.m., and NJ Natural Gas was contacted about a half hour later. They arrived at the scene just before 9 a.m. and deemed the situation safe by 9:12 a.m., according to officials.

Firefighters shut off the heating and air conditioning, and the utility company turned off the gas meter and locked it.

It will not be unlocked until the broken line is fixed by the store, which cannot reopen until the repairs are complete. There is presently no ETA for that.

The building also suffered some structural damage.

Authorities remain on the scene.


Load Comments