• BREAKING NEWS Shelter in place lifted after prisoner captured

Dog shocked by faulty wiring on Lower East Side

February 16, 2014 5:40:53 AM PST
A building owner on the Lower East Side will be making emergency repairs after a dog was shocked by a stray wire.

It happened Saturday on Clinton Street.

Eyewitnesses say the small dog was with its owner when it touched a wire on some scaffolding outside a building.

Witnesses said the dog started barking loudly as if it were in a fight. The owner brought the dog into a nearby bodega where CPR was started.

The owner eventually got into a cab and took the dog to an animal hospital. There is no word yet on its condition.

Con Edison says faulty wiring may have energized one of metal poles connected to the scaffolding.


Load Comments