• BREAKING NEWS Shelter in place lifted after prisoner captured

Several evacuated due to carbon monoxide levels

September 11, 2013 1:50:43 PM PDT
Dozens of people were evacuated from three buildings in the Bronx due to high carbon monoxide levels.

It happened around 3 p.m. at 342, 344, and 348 E. 149th Street in the Melrose section.

The high carbon monoxide levels were caused by a smoking manhole.

55 people were evacuated.

Building 342 houses the College of New Rochelle Nursing School.


Load Comments