• BREAKING NEWS Shelter in place lifted after prisoner captured

Suspect in Coney Island shooting released from custody

March 31, 2013 5:34:02 AM PDT
The man arrested in the fatal shooting of one person and wounding three of others in Brooklyn's Coney Island neighborhood earlier this month has been released from custody.

A spokesman for the Brooklyn District Attorney's office says Saturday a judge ordered 29-year-old Joseph Brown released on Friday.

The spokesman says the investigation is ongoing and Brown is due back in court in May.

Police had said Brown entered an apartment in a public housing complex, walked to a back bedroom and shot a man in the head.

Investigators said he then shot three other people in the apartment, killing one.

---


Load Comments