This is how Rapid Repairs crews left one Staten Island home after fixing the heating pipes.
"The hole was just so, it was shocking, just shocking," said Kathy Barzal, a Staten Island homeowner.
The contractor told her it was easier to fix the pipes from the outside then from inside the house. For two days, the homeowner made calls to get the hole fixed.
Only after calling her Congressman did Rapid Repairs come Friday morning to patch up the damage.
"How many more people are going through the exact same thing?" Barzal said.
"Look at the way they ran the wires, they popped holes in the ceilings," said Anthony Muzio, a Staten Island homeowner.
A few blocks away, Eyewitness News found another homeowner upset with Rapid Repairs' disrepair.
"They were going to leave me with wiring that was sticking out of outlets and live, I was about to lose mind. (Dangerous?) Absolutely," Muzio said.
Last week, an Eyewitness News investigation documented shoddy, even dangerous, restoration work at homes throughout the city.
"There was sparking and arcing," said Roberta Klein, a homeowner.
In one case, an independent electrician confirmed that new wiring by Rapid Repairs crews created a potential fire trap
"A few violations?" Eyewitness News Investigative reporter Jim Hoffer asked.
"A few? You got more than a few violations in here," said Gary Raymond, an electrician.
"Is it dangerous?" Hoffer asked.
"Yes," Raymond said.
If you have a tip about this or any other issue you'd like investigated, please give our tipline a call at 877-TIP-NEWS. You may also e-mail us at email@example.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered