The small fire broke out in the dryer room of the Alzheimer's wing just before 2:30 a.m.
The seven people who were taken to area hospitals were four people who were working in the dryer room, as well as one patient and two police officers who were overcome by the thick smoke.
"They were overwhelmed by smoke," Woodcliff Lake Fire Captain Roger Caron said. "From what I understand, the visibility was very poor, and they did a fantastic job of evacuating the building and making sure everyone was safe...I know they're stable and the last I checked, they're going to be fine."
Everyone was allowed back inside the facility once the heat and power were restored.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered