1) Keep your dog on a leash (especially when it snows)
2) Don't shave your pet down to the skin in winter
3) Completely dry off your pet when bathing before walking in the cold
4) Never leave your pet alone in the car in cold (and hot) conditions
5) Make sure your pet has a warm place to sleep off the floor and away from drafts
6) Does your dog spend a lot of time engaged in outdoor activities? Increase his supply of food, particularly protein, to keep him, and his fur, in tip-top shape.
7) Like coolant, antifreeze is a lethal poison for dogs and cats. Be sure to thoroughly clean up any spills from your vehicle
Get Eyewitness News Delivered