The kids, including two infants, were among the 10 people treated following a fire that broke out just after 7:30 p.m. Thursday inside a laundry room at an apartment building on Longstreet Avenue in Throgs Neck.
The fire reportedly sparked due to an enormous amount of lint that accumulated over time in the dryers in the room.
The flames burned through the laundry room and spewed smoke throught the entire building and to the upper floors.
The victims were rushed to Jacobi and Montefiore medical centers.
The children, two of them younger than six months, were initially listed in critical condition with severe smoke inhalation. But they were stabilized at the hospital and expected to be treated and released.
Two adults also sustained serious injuries but were stabilized. The other five were treated for minor injuries.
Firefighters quickly got the blaze under control in less than a half hour.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered