Nassau County police say a 62-year-old woman was hospitalized with facial burns Saturday after her gas stove burners ignited unexpectedly in her Bayville home.
Police say she'd left the home after the storm because of a gas leak. She returned just to pick up belongings.
Meanwhile, fire officials suspect a generator played a role in a blaze that destroyed a Hempstead home Saturday.
And a waitress, chef and busboy suffered burns Friday when a worker spilled gasoline in a Manhattan restaurant kitchen.
Fire marshals are investigating whether the gas was stashed there because of the fuel shortage.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered