• BREAKING NEWS Shelter in place lifted after prisoner captured
  • BREAKING NEWS NYPD officer struck by vehicle during foot pursuit

Electrical fire puts on show in Mount Vernon

June 14, 2012 5:13:24 AM PDT
A electrical fire that caused a power outage in Mount Vernon put on quite a show for residents who were left in the dark.

The fire department was called to Grand Street just before 1 a.m. on a report of a utility pole on fire.

When they tried to put it out, it caused an explosion and a shower of sparks.

Con Edison crews shut down power to about 650 customers so the fire could be safely put out.

Electricity should be restored by 6 a.m.

---
Get Eyewitness News Delivered

Facebook | Twitter | Newsletters | Text Alerts


Load Comments