• BREAKING NEWS Shelter in place lifted after prisoner captured
  • BREAKING NEWS NYPD officer struck by vehicle during foot pursuit

Ten people sickened by carbon monoxide fumes

Ten people inside a home in Port Jefferson Station were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.
April 21, 2012 12:59:27 PM PDT
Ten people on Long Island are recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Suffolk County police and volunteer firefighters arrived at a home on Jayne Boulevard in Port Jefferson Station just after midnight Saturday morning.

They detected high levels of carbon monoxide.

Ten people inside were overcome by the fumes.

The victims were rushed to the hospital.

Authorities found several generators in the basement.

Those generators are now being inspected.

The house was condemned by the fire marshal.

---
Get Eyewitness News Delivered

Facebook | Twitter | Newsletters | Text Alerts


Load Comments