Carlo Bordone opened Testaccio with his partners in 2009.
The menu features Italian dishes such as pastas, pizza and seafood as well as Roman specialties like oxtail, artichokes, and Spaghetti Alla Carbonara.
With pictures on the wall of Testaccio and authentic roman cooking, you'll start speaking Italian in no time.
For more information, visit Testaccio Ristorante online at www.testacciony.com.
Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 oz Guanciale
- 1 whole egg
-1 Egg yolk
-1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
-1/4 cup Pecorino Cheese
- 4.5 oz Spaghetti
-Pinch black pepper
1. Coat the pan with olive oil and heat. Add the guanciale when the pan is hot and cook until brown.
2. When guanciale is brown, add the cooked pasta to pan with a cup of water. Then, take the pan off the heat and while moving the pasta around without stopping, add the egg and egg yolk to the pan and mix for continuous 30 seconds.
3. After the egg mixture is mixed in add all the cheese and continue to mix for another 30 seconds.
4. When the cheese is mixed in, put the pan back on the heat and slowly re-heat the pasta, adding water if too thick. Constantly stir the pasta to ensure your eggs do not scramble. If sauce is too thin , add a bit more cheese and stir in.
5. When plating, put black pepper and parmesan cheese on top for garnish.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered