• BREAKING NEWS Shelter in place lifted after prisoner captured
  • BREAKING NEWS NYPD officer struck by vehicle during foot pursuit

NJ apt. complex evacuated due to carbon monoxide

New Jersey news from Eyewitness News
December 4, 2011 1:20:31 PM PST
Two residents were hospitalized after high carbon monoxide levels forced officials to evacuate a northern New Jersey apartment complex.

Firefighters went to the West Terrace Apartments, a six-unit complex in Teaneck, after a carbon monoxide detector there was activated around 5:40 a.m.

They soon determined that a malfunctioning boiler was causing high levels of carbon monoxide, so they ordered residents to leave their units while the boiler was shut down.

Two residents were taken to a hospital for treatment of undisclosed injuries, while several others declined medical attention at the scene.

Officials say all residents should be able to return to their units by Sunday afternoon.


Load Comments