NEW YORK --Bring your curiosity -- and your appetite. In honor of the inaugural National Food Day, an assortment of New York City-based organizations have teamed up for Eat NYC, an event taking place from 6:30-9:00pm on Oct. 24 at the Columbia Grammar and Preparatory School in Manhattan.
In what has been tabbed as a "a night of nibbling and mingling," the event will accentuate the importance of local, healthy and sustainable eating by featuring...
- Food tasting by some of the city's finest restaurants committed to local procurement and healthy fare.
- New York City-based organizations striving to improve food sytems and knowledge throughout the city.
- A keynote speech by chef Sandra Lee of The Food Network.
- Streaming episodes of "LUNCH NYC," a TV series exposing health concious individiuals, organizations and events in the city.
- Chances to win a free dinner for two at restaurants around the city.