• BREAKING NEWS Shelter in place lifted after prisoner captured

Carbon monoxide scare at LI nursing home

January 15, 2011 3:22:10 PM PST
A carbon monoxide scare at a nursing home on Long Island forced seniors out in the cold.

Some residents of General Macarthur Senior Village in Hempstead were wheeled out into the sub-freezing air early Saturday morning.

That's when a carbon monoxide alarm went off.

Five residents were taken to Nassau County Medical Center as a precaution.

Police say a leak in the facility's heating system set off the alarm.

No one was injured and that leak is now fixed.

---
Do you have something to add to this story? Click here to contact Eyewitness News.


Load Comments