It's a holistic experience that includes a healthy caf? and it's a good way to stick to some of those new years resolutions you may have made.
O-2 Cafe is located at 6 Yellow Monkey Village in Cross River.
Here's the recipe for one of their menu favorites:
Macrobiotic Butternut Squash Soup
1 lbs. Butternut Squash peeled and rough chop 1 Medium Onion sliced 1/2 lbs. Carrots peel and rough chop 2 quarts Vegetable stock 1 Bay leaf 1 tsp. Cinnamon 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg 4 tablespoons Local Honey 1 tablespoon Organic extra virgin olive oil Garnish Micro celery Micro bulls blood Sprouted and spiced pumpkin or sunflower seeds
1) In a medium pot sweat the Onions in the EVOO until translucent.
2) Add the Cinnamon and Nutmeg and slightly toast.
3) Add the Butternut Squash and Carrots and Honey.
4) Add the Vegetable stock and Bay leaf. Simmer for one hour or until squash and carrots are tender.
5) Remove Bay leaf.
6) Place in VitaMix blender and pur?e.
Garnish with sprouted seeds and live sprouts. The combination of the slow cooked soup and live sprouts make this a great seasonal macrobiotic soup. This time of year Macrobiotic soups like this are a great way to incorporate enzymatically live foods into your diet. It's a great way to start a happy and healthy new year.