NEW YORK --This Father's Day, we encourage you to make a difference in the lives of others. Join the Eyewitness News Team for NYRR's Annual Father's Day Race Against Prostate Cancer in Central Park.Note: Registration for the race in Central Park is now closed since capacity is reached. Please come out to support the runners in Central Park or watch LIVE at 8 a.m. on Sunday.
Father's Day - Sunday, June 20, 2010
8:30 a.m. - 5 Mile Run
10:15 a.m. - Kid's races (ages 2 - 12)
LIVE coverage on Channel 7 starts at 8 a.m.!
Click here for more information. To raise money for the fight against cancer, click here.
Bring the entire family! There are four ways to be involved:
1) Run 5 miles for the fight against Prostate Cancer, starting at 8:30 a.m.
2) Raise money for fight against Prostate Cancer with the American Cancer Society. It's easy and will help save lives!
3) Come to Central Park the morning of the race and get screened for free. Hackensack University Medical Center will be providing free PSA tests in Central Park during and after the run. Please go to the Hackensack University Medical Center tent located in Mineral Springs area on the morning of the race.
4) Bring kids to run in the kids races, starting at 10:15.
On the day of the race, you can watch live finish line video on 7online.com...and then come back Sunday afternoon to see the various video clips of the participants crossing the finish line!
Links to more information:
- Get more information about the race!
- For more information about Prostate Cancer, please visit the John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center or the American Cancer Society
- Raise money for the American Cancer Society!