• BREAKING NEWS Shelter in place lifted after prisoner captured
  • BREAKING NEWS NYPD officer struck by vehicle during foot pursuit

Toddler dies, choked by blind cord on LI

March 21, 2010 5:00:34 AM PDT
A little boy on Long Island died Saturday after after getting his neck caught in the cord of a Venetian blind on Friday.The accident happened at 2-year-old Brandon McCarthy's home in Holtsville.

He was playing with another child, and his father was home at the time.

The father performed CPR until help arrived, and the child was rushed to Stony Brook Hospital in critical condition.

Investigators said two boys, the other a 4-year-old, were inside a house playing when the younger one got tangled up in the cord of the blind.

It was not immediately known how long the boy was tangled or how long he was without oxygen.


Load Comments