Rohan Wray was driving along Southern Parkway when he saw flames shooting out of the second floor of a home.
"(The smoke) was very thick, so I start banging the door. When I banged on the door, a little kid came to the window and he was scared," Rohan said.
Just four years old, the boy inside was terrified. But with Rohan's help, he unlocked the front door.
"Went in, grabbed him from the kitchen area took him outside," Rohan explained. "He was saying, 'Grandpa, grandpa.' And I was shouting, 'Is anybody in the house?'"
With the smoke building, he ran back inside and found the boy's 85-year old blind grandfather. Rohan carried him out just before for the top floor exploded in flames.
"The last time I came out the whole front burst, like BLOOF!" he said.
Rohan put the grandfather and grandson in his car and called 911. By then, the fast moving blaze had consumed the second floor.
A day later, the home on Davis Avenue has been condemned. Firefighters blamed an overloaded surge suppressor for sparking the inferno that caused so much devastation.
With no one else to save, Rohan recorded what happened next on his cell phone. Firefighters quickly knocked down the flames, determined no one else was inside. They concluded that if not for Rohan, the boy and his grandfather might not have survived.
The Red Cross has rented a hotel room for the now homeless family, which was spared an unspeakable tragedy thanks to this perfect stranger.
"The kid is the hero, who opened the door for me to save him and his grandfather," Rohan said. "I just want to know that life is saved because life is precious the material things you can get back."