Investigators question whether cause of East Village explosion criminal
Con Edison workers were at Sushi Park just an hour before Thursday's blast to shut off a faulty gas connection to one of the apartments above. The question now is whether that valve was tampered with, or turned back on after they left, causing the gas leak, which authorities say could have criminal implications.
Map My News
More U.S. & World News
- VIEWER PHOTOS: Crazy spring snow!
- PHOTOS: Several injured in East Flatbush home fire
- PHOTOS: Explosion, collapse at East Village building
- PHOTOS: Lisa Colagrossi remembered
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing with the Stars' Week 2 Highlights
- PHOTOS: Germanwings plane crash in the French Alps
- PHOTOS: Counterfeit money seized at JFK Airport
- PHOTOS: Sinkhole swallows street in South Amboy
- Photos: Airbus A320 crashes and accidents throughout the years